WELCOME TO LOFT 1, THE COACH HOUSE
Overlooking the beautiful Victorian Stable Courtyard, we have created three comfortable loft apartments, each sleeping 2 people and with the flexibility of being able to stay for single nights and with the choice of three different room sizes. All have Super King double beds (or Twins if wanted) along with en-suites, and kitchen facilities hidden in beautiful cabinets, along with full access to the Gardens during your time here.
one or two
There are two Coach House lofts to choose from. Each is available separately or they can be combined as a whole, giving flexibility to guests travelling with extended family, or with friends. The lofts are completely self-contained, but share an outside access door and small lobby allowing them to be linked as one unit, for families or friends travelling together, if desired.
bed and bathroom
Loft 1 is a cosy double bedroom (about 25 square metres), with Super King sized bed (which can be split into two singles) with an en-suite Bathroom with bath and over-bath shower. It's nestled in beautiful gardens, with a view over the Stable Courtyard and over grassland.
sitting area and kitchenette
The loft has a fantastic and beautiful, well-equipped Kitchenette and a table for eating or working at, a sitting area with a sofa, free unlimited WiFi, a Freeview TV with DVD player and a Bose Bluetooth speaker.
Loft 1, The Coach House has a shared sitting out area and full access to Easton Walled Gardens. Due to the listed status of The Coach House Loft, access is via stone steps only. All of our Lofts are dog-friendly.
- Beds made for arrival with sheets and duvets. Choice of twins or Super King size bed.
- Welcome pack, including milk, tea and coffee, and sugar. Breakfast is available at our local Pub (by separate arrangement), but we don't provide any in the Lofts.
- Towels and soaps
- Board games and DVDs
- Iron & ironing board
You can wander out from the Lofts into the surrounding rediscovered gardens of the former Easton Hall, and enjoy nearly 12 acres of beautiful grounds, with seasonal highlights from snowdrops to sweet peas, and from tulips and daffodils to roses and meadows.
You can also take advantage of the Gardens’ shop and tea room, or go a bit further afield to buy local provisions from Berry’s Farm Shop to eat at home, or visit the Estate’s Pub, The Cholmeley Arms, with its home cooked food, roaring fires and beer on tap.
You could also hire the Meadow Retreat in the Gardens for a day during your stay. A real slice of heaven set in these beautiful gardens, The Meadow Retreat is a luxury cedar cabin - a 'beach hut' in the Gardens - where you can enjoy some peace and tranquility while you read a good book and sample the cream teas and lunches at the tea shop. Whatever the occasion, for unrivalled rest and relaxation, spend the day at The Meadow Retreat with access to the beautiful surroundings of Easton Walled Gardens at your fingertips. It does need to be pre-booked, so it's worth talking to us about it when you book your stay with us.
We also run regular courses at Easton Walled Gardens, from Willow Weaving to Chocolate Making, which are perfect things to do while staying at the Lodge. See the Workshop Page on our main website for more details.
Breakfast is available at the pub on the Estate, the independently managed Cholmeley Arms in Burton-le-Coggles, a short drive away. These breakfasts are legendary and are well worth the trip. Pre-booking is essential, though, and it is best if guests book direct.
- You will have unlimited, free access to Easton Walled Gardens during your stay, even when the Gardens are closed to Day Visitors.
- The Gardens are open to Day Visitors from Easter to the end of October on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, from 11am to 4pm. The busiest times are during Snowdrop Week, Sweet Pea Week and on the day of our Autumn Country Market. During weekday working hours, 8 am to 5 pm, there will also be gardeners working to maintain these beautiful gardens.
- A Victorian loft, part of the Stable Courtyard at Easton Walled Gardens, with other buildings nearby.
- A traditional Victorian building and access to the lofts is via a stone staircase.
- Beautiful lofts, perfect for couples - ideal for garden lovers.
- Easton Walled Gardens is on Newton's Trail, a map of local attractions. See the map HERE.
- One small, well-behaved dog is welcome, but is only allowed in the Gardens when they are closed to Day Visitors, and shouldn't be left alone in the lofts, unless they're in a cage.
- The mobile reception is fair depending on network.
- Easily accessible from the A1, which is about half a mile away, on the other side of Easton Park.
- Unfortunately, due to the Lofts' listed status it has not been possible to make them wheelchair-friendly and as a result they are only accessible via a stone staircase.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE ANY OF OUR HOLIDAY COTTAGES