The Gatehouse Lodge was built as the Lodge to the entrance of Easton Hall, a grand Victorian country house demolished in 1951. Home to the Cholmeley Family since 1592, the Hall was requisitioned by the Army during World War II. It suffered considerable damage during occupation by the Parachute Regiment leading to it being deemed beyond repair after the war. The adjacent Gatehouse, dated 1841, is thought to have been designed by the architect, Anthony Salvin.
The Gatehouse Lodge has recently been restored to a high standard, including a new kitchen and a good sized bathroom with bath and walk-in shower.
The site of the old Hall and its surviving buildings (on the highest level of the Heritage At Risk Register for decades) is now a thriving tourist attraction as Easton Walled Gardens, which is at the centre of the Easton Estate. For more information on the Estate and on Easton Walled Gardens, please see www.visiteaston.co.uk.